Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6/30/10

I dont know where to begin. I've been a professional model for 10 years now and I have yet to have my big break. Today I slept in, went to breakfast with my boyfriend, then headed to the vet to check on our dogs cough. Turns out he has kennel cough, poor bubby. =( After that I went to the one and only casting for the day, Kay Jewelers, while also trying to figure out how I was going to make rent for July. After taking an hour to get home I headed over to the bank to deposit the money from my daily job as an 'assistant' to my best friend. I didnt ask for a receipt from the teller, I'm hoping that my other side job with the bi-weekly check will put a smile on my face. And considering that it gets directly deposited I have till midnight till I can stop crossing my fingers. I know what you're thinking, I dont know how to manage money. Not true. Whats not known about modeling is that it takes up to 3 months to get paid. Under contract the agency gives the clients anywhere from 1 to 3 months to pay up. So until I get that big break, I keep booking good jobs and playing catch up with my bills.

Thats why I have a couple extra jobs that pay well, keep gas in my car and a roof over my head. One of them is for my best friend, someone I have known since I moved to LA. One day I was using his computer, once again looking for a part time, flexible job. He came through and offered to pay me every Sunday if I cooked, cleaned and did his laundry with the occasional shopping and/or errand run. $150 a week, now he has a dog I have to clean up after while he calls me Aunt J. I can't complain, I could be a waitress or be working in an office, which is fine, but not for me. Saturdays and Sundays I work as a runway instructor at an acting and modeling career center. The kids are cool and its nice to spread what I know and am still learning everyday in this industry.

Anyways, my day has ended. I am watching re-runs of Two and a Half Men after I cleaned up my house and figured out why my new computer wasn't hooking up to the internet. So far no castings or auditions for tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens......

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment