Wednesday, July 7, 2010

7/7/2010

So here is my latest dilemma with my runway agency. I did a job back in February for some charity event. I was told I was getting $600 for the night. Not hourly, the night. Fast forward a few month's and I do a fashion show for the design Chloe and getting paid the same amount, $600. Every friday this agency pays, I signed with them for runway work because a fellow model told me that at the most it takes two weeks for them to pay. So two weeks after I did the Chloe job, I emailed accounting, nothing. The next week, no response. A few days later, 'oh billing messed up and paid you twice for a job you did in February so we are taking the Chloe check to pay us back.' Excuse me? It has been 5 months since I did that job, 4 since they paid me and they are just now telling me that they made a mistake and paid me twice. Now my agent is accusing me of knowing I was paid twice and not saying anything!! I would never do that, I was raised to be honest. So the question here is, do I drop the agency?? I have butt heads with them in the past and I feel that they are not putting me out on as many castings as they could be because of this ordeal and past ones. It's funny how this business works. They need us girls as much as we need them, but yet, they only send out their 'favorite' models. Everyone is in the entertainment business for the money, I know so many girls that are just doing it to put themselves through school. There is only very few of us that want to be the next Cindy, Christy, Giselle, Kate...... I hate how they would like us to forget that they work for us, we don't work for them. We get 80% of the cut they get 20%, so maybe I need to drop them so they have that reminder. I'll let you know what happens.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment